About

agnieszkabolek@vp.pl
www.facebook.com/agnieszka.bolek

Pages

Monday, March 07, 2011

LYKKE LI - SWEDEN (Stockholm)





Lykke Li has been waiting impatiently for 'her time to come', 'breaking her back', but she knew she 'will get it back' and our 'hands will clap'. This is exactly what she got when her time came in 2007. The world fell at her feet. It's impossible to stay indifferent to her. She definitely sticks out from the crowd. There is something specific in her voice and way of being that intrigues me ever since I found out about her.
'Just as her music sometimes seems to have arrived from another planet, Lykke Li is not quite like anyone you’ve met before. Sometimes nervous but exceptionally impatient, she knows she’s almost too fragile for the success that lies ahead, but she’s storming on regardless.'
Although she's young artist, her music legacy has grown quite big, so it took me some time to collect it here. Hopefully it will be helpful in exploring musical world of Lykke Li.



CONTENTS:

  1. STAGE NAME
  2. BIRTH NAME
  3. YEARS ACTIVE
  4. GENRE
  5. HOMETOWN
  6. RECORD LABEL
  7. BACKGROUND
  8. DISCOGRAPHY
  9. AWARDS and nominations 
  10. MEDIA REFERENCE 
  11. OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEOS
  12. LIVE PERFORMANCES





Lykke Li


Li Lykke Timotej Zachrisson


2007–present


(electro)pop/ indie rock/ alternative


Stockholm


LL Recordings

'Lykke Li was born in Ystad, Skåne in 1986; her mother, Kärsti Stiege, had been a member of an all-girl punk band called Tant Strul before settling into photography. Her father, Johan, played guitar for Swedish punk band turned reggae outfit Dag Vag. The family moved to Stockholm when Li was a toddler and later moved to a mountaintop in Portugal when she was six, where they lived for five years. The family also spent time in Lisbon and Morocco and spent winters in Nepal and India. She moved to the neighborhood of Bushwick, Brooklyn in New York for three months when she was 19. She returned when she was 21 to record her album.Zachrisson released her first album, Youth Novels on LL Recordings in the Nordic region on 4 February 2008 and it received a wider European release in June, 2008.'
more here.


Albums

'Youth Novels' (2008)


1. Melodies & Desires
2. Dance, Dance, Dance
3. I'm Good, I'm Gone
4. Let It Fall
5. My Love
6. Tonight
7. Little Bit
8. Hanging High
9. This Trumpet in My Head
10. Complaint Department
11. Breaking It Up
12. Everybody But Me
13. Time Flies
14. Window Blues






'Wounded Rhymes' (2011)


1. Youth Knows No Pain
2. I Follow Rivers
3. Love Out Of Lust
4. Unrequited Love
5. Get Some
6. Rich Kids Blues
7. Sadness Is A Blessing
8. I Know Places
9. Jerome
10. Silent My Song










EPs and singles

"I'm Good, I'm Gone" (2007)

1. I'm Good, I'm Gone
2. I Don't Mind (Jump on It)
3. Everybody But Me (diskJokke remix)
4. I'm Good, I'm Gone (Acoustic Version)
5. I'm Good, I'm Gone (Metronomy Vocal)
6. I'm Good, I'm Gone (Metronomy Remix)
7. I'm Good, I'm Gone (Metronomy Instrumental)
8. I'm Good, I'm Gone (Fred Falke Vocal)
9. I'm Good, I'm Gone (Fred Falke Remix Extended Version)
10 I'm Good, I'm Gone (Fred Falke Instrumental)
11 I'm Good, I'm Gone (5 Guys and a Dog Remix)
12 I'm Good, I'm Gone (Sumo Re-Edit)
13 I'm Good, I'm Gone (Chuck Brody Remix)
14 I'm Good, I'm Gone (3OH!3 Remix)
15 I'm Good, I'm Gone (Black Kids Remix)
16 I'm Good, I'm Gone (Van Rivers and Subliminal Kid Remix)


"Little Bit" (2007)


1. Little Bit
2. Everybody But Me
3. Time Flies (demo)
4. Little Bit (CSS Remix)
5. Little Bit (Rapaport & Malmqvist Remix)
6. Little Bit (Klumpfisk Remix)
7. Little Bit (Gigamesh Remix)
8. Little Bit (Death to the Throne Remix)
9. Little Bit (Loving Hand Remix)
10 Little Bit (Matas Berlin Remix)
11 Little Bit (Aether Remix)
12 Little Bit (AutoErotique Bootleg Remix)
13 Little Bit (M!G!H! Edit)
14 Little Bit (Drake Remix)
15 Little Bit (T Goldsworthy Mix)





"Breaking It Up" (2008)


1. Breaking It Up
2. Breaking It Up (Familjen Remix)
3. Breaking It Up (John hill Remix)
4. Breaking It Up [Bjorn Radio Mix]
5. Breaking It Up (Punks Jump Up Remix)
6. Breaking It Up (Danton Eeprom Heartbreak Remix)
7. Breaking It Up (Pocketknife's Loosefoot Remix) (Extended Version)











"Tonight" (2009)


1. Tonight
2. Until We Bleed
3. Tonight (Demo)
4. Tonight (Piano Version)
















"Dance, Dance, Dance" (2009)


1. Dance, Dance, Dance
2. Dance, Dance, Dance (Featuring El Perro del Mar) - A Take Away Show
3. Dance, Dance, Dance (Featuring Bon Iver)
4. Dance, Dance, Dance (Buraka Som Sistema Remix)
5. Dance, Dance, Dance (Grandtheft Remix)
6. Dance, Dance, Dance (Dixon Edit)
7. Dance, Dance, Dance (Clueless Dubstep mix)
8. Dance, Dance, Dance (Dada Life Remix)
9. Dance, Dance, Dance (80kidz Remix)










"Possibility" (2009) (New Moon soundtrack)


1. Possibility



















"Get Some" (2010)



1. Get some
2. Paris Blue


















"Knocked Up" (2010)


1. Knocked Up (Live/Kings of Leon Cover)
2. Knocked Up (Death To The Throne Remix)
3. Knocked Up (Lykke Li vs. Rodeo Remix)















 "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" (2010)



1. Will You Still Love Tomorrow (The Shirlees Cover)


















"I Follow Rivers" (2011)


1. I follow rivers



















Live:


Live at Eurosonic (2008)


1. Let it Fall
2. Hanging High
3. Everybody But Me
4. Little Bit
5. Window Blues
6. I'm Good. I'm Gone.
7. Tonight














'Live: Peace & Love' Borlänge (25.06.2009)


1. Dance, Dance, Dance
2. I'm Good, I'm Gone
3. Little Bit
4. Window Blues
5. Breaking It Up
6. Tonight














B-sides
  • "I Don't Mind (Jump on It)" – 4:13 included on the Swedish and UK 2-track single of "I'm Good, I'm Gone"
  • "After Laughter" – 3:41 split single with El Perro Del Mar for Record Store Day April 18, 2009
  • "Until We Bleed" – 4:29 (Kleerup featuring Lykke Li) included on the Swedish 2-track single of "Tonight"
  • "Paris Blue" – 3:45 released with "Get Some"


Guest appearances
  • "Until We Bleed" – 4:24 (Kleerup featuring Lykke Li; from Kleerup, 2008)
  • "Uptown" – 4:50 (Primal Scream featuring Lykke Li, Ellekari Larsson and Victoria Bergsman; from Beautiful Future, 2008)
  • "The Glory of Love" – 3:11 (Primal Scream featuring Lykke Li, Maria Andersson and Victoria Bergsman; from Beautiful Future, 2008)
  • "Gifted" (N.A.S.A. featuring Kanye West, Santogold and Lykke Li; from The Spirit of Apollo, 2009)
  • "A Little Bit" (Drake & Lykke Li; from So Far Gone, 2009)
  • "Miss It So Much" – 5:01 (Röyksopp featuring Lykke Li; from Junior, 2009)
  • "Were You Ever Wanted" – 5:38 (Röyksopp featuring Lykke Li; Japanese bonus track from Junior, 2009)
  • "Knocked Up" (Remix) – 5:36 (Kings of Leon featuring Lykke Li)
  • "Starchasers" (as a sample of "Little Bit") – 5:00 (Charles Hamilton; from It's Charles Hamilton, 2008)
  • "Leaving You Behind" (Amanda Blank featuring Lykke Li; from I Love You, 2009)
     
Covers
  • "Knocked Up" – 5:35 (originally by and featuring Kings of Leon)
  • "Hustlin" – 3:48 (originally by Rick Ross)
  • "Can I Kick It?" (originally by A Tribe Called Quest; regular live cover and performed with Q-Tip at MTVu Awards)
  • "After Laughter Comes Tears" (originally by Wendy Rene)
  • "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?" (originally by The Shirelles)
  • "A Milli" (originally by Lil Wayne)
  • "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" (originally by Vampire Weekend; regular live cover) 


and nominations:




"Possibility" -  New Moon soundtrack (The Twilight Saga)

 
Live Video





               


"Sadness is a Blessing"
World premiere - 28.04.11


"Little bit"


"Get Some"


"I'm good, I'm gone"


"I Follow Rivers" 


"Dance Dance Dance"



"Breaking it up" - first video here
(alternative live video by Christian Haag)


"Tonight"


"I Follow Rivers"
(Live P3 Guld 2011)


" I'm Good, I'm Gone" 
POLAND - Łódź, Klub Wytwornia!!! (21.11.2010) 


"Dance, Dance, Dance" 
(Popcirkus 2009)


"Little Bit" 
(Jools Holland 2008)


"Tonight" 
(Live Phaser 2007)







Nardwuar vs. Lykke Li 


Amplified


Levi's® Curve ID 






0 komentarze:

Post a Comment